6.20.2011

Will we ever Sleep Again?

 For those of you who are already parents, I'm sure you are laughing at this question!  I honestly don't think anyone can truly describe or prepare new parents for the lack of sleep that waits.  I had the opportunity to talk to some parents from a family network this week, and a woman running the event said something that made a lasting impression.  After asking how old our little man was she commented, "oh 6 weeks, well now it's all worth it, worth living again"  Before 6 weeks, our little man was adorable, and we were in sleepy love, but it's not until 6 weeks...when he smiles back at you and locks eyes with yours and coos at you in a tone that warms your heart.  Now, that is pure peace!

As for the sleep, he granted Dad with an early Father's Day present...6 hours of sleep.  Unfortunately, he does not understand that we would like a repeat of this event. 

Pictures to come!  The little man is waking again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment